1.0 Background and Context
REPOA was formed in 1994 in Tanzania with the mandate to contribute to the alleviation of poverty in its multiple dimensions through research and capacity building. Over time REPOA’s mandate has expanded beyond the narrow focus of alleviation of poverty to encompass a more holistic approach to reducing poverty through promoting a robust socio-economic transformation for inclusive development.
The current five-year strategic plan 2020-24 was informed by the previous strategic plan (2015-2019), the insights from the mid-term review of the previous plan undertaken in 2017, and the developments and concerns at national, regional, and global economies. The thrust of the strategy is to continue and to consolidate the organization’s mission to promoting socio-economic transformation for inclusive development through research, capacity building and dialogue.
REPOA’s research programme revolve around three interrelated strategic core research areas, namely:
- Productive sectors and inclusive development– include Employment, Productivity & Competitiveness; Natural Resources in the transformation process; Trade, value chains, and Regional Integration; Informal Economy; Development financing; Demographic transition and impact on development; Food security and transformation; Migration and urbanisation and the Green Economy.
- Gender and Human Development -include Social service provisioning; Social protection, deprivation, and vulnerability; Gender gaps in business and property ownership; Gender gaps in productive value chains; Gender gaps in enterprise creation and development; Gender gaps in labour and tradable markets and Gender & societal relations.
- Governance, Accountability and Citizen Participation – include State, markets, and civil society; Development disparity and inequality; Deepening of decentralization and LED; Accountability and citizen engagement; and Managing for sustainability,
And two cross cutting themes, namely Environment and Climate Change; and Technology; Innovation and Data.
Interested individuals should submit the following to the undersigned no later than 12th of September 2021.
- The inception report responding to the ToRs, including detailed CVs of the key team members.
- The financial proposal to enable the review team to deliver on the ToRs.
The evaluation of the inception report assigns a weight of least 80% to the technical part outlined in the inception report and 20% to the financial proposal.
The Executive Director
157 Mgombani/REPOA Streets, Regent Estate
P.O. Box 33223, Dar es Salaam
Tel: +255-22-2700083 and +255-22-2772556