REPOA is currently seeking applications from interested individuals for a Consultancy for designing and facilitating a training on principles of research design.
REPOA is a Tanzanian Think Tank established in 1994 whose mandate is to improve the lives of people through policy research. The mandate encompasses research work and active engagement in policy dialogue on promoting socio-economic transformation for inclusive growth. Our primary research areas, which revolve around the production of policy knowledge and evidence, are grouped into three interrelated strategic research areas:
• Natural resources as foundation for economic growth and socio-economic transformation, which includes agricultural land, minerals, oil and gas, forestry, wildlife and fishery;
• Industrialization, enterprise development, and employment as pillars for economic growth and socio-economic transformation, which entails manufacturing, trade, SME development, informal sector upgrading, and labour market dynamics;
• Governance systems and social policy, with focus on social protection, accountability and service delivery.
The purpose is to design and facilitate a training workshop on principles of research design to enhance the capacity of REPOA researchers to produce, share and disseminate evidence-based knowledge as per the organisation’s strategic plan 2015-19
Scope of work
• To seek and utilise findings from REPOA’s 2018 baseline assessment of internal research capacity to inform the design of the training workshop.
• To develop or tailor make a training programme or curriculum for the proposed training.
• To prepare detailed relevant course materials and associated documentation for the training workshop.
• To train participants during the workshop period.
• To develop a detailed evaluation of the training modules/workshop(s) by the participants so that the workshop/training materials can be improved according to participant feedback
• To prepare a report on the proceedings of the workshop.
• A tailored training curriculum (6 pages maximum) based on REPOA’s 2018 baseline assessment of internal research capacity.
• Course materials and relevant documentation.
• A training session lasting no more than 3 days.
• An evaluation form of training workshop
• A brief report (10 pages maximum) of the proceedings of training delivered informed by findings from REPOA’s 2018 baseline assessment of internal research capacity and a post-training evaluation of participants.
The assignment will be for a maximum of 5 working days.
a) Holder of a PhD or above (post-doctoral) degree in social sciences.
b) A minimum of 10 years of experience in policy and academic research along with an extensive history of publications in international peer reviewed platforms.
c) A minimum of 10 years of experience in the fields of policy studies, economics, sociology, law, or political science is desirable
Mode of Application
Interested individual consultant should submit the following to the undersigned no later than 20th April 2018
a) A short 2-page (maximum) response to this call that proposes how the consultant will undertake this assignment.
b) A brief description of similar work done indicating the date, nature of exercise and client
c) An up-to-date curriculum vitae of the consultant.
d) The financial proposal to enable the individual consultant to deliver on the assignment.
e) Indicative timelines for the execution and completion of the assignment.
The evaluation of the proposals assigns a weight of at least 80% to the technical proposal and 20% to the financial proposal.
Submission of Expression of Interest
Expression of Interest clearly marked “Expression of Interest (EOI) for consultancy services to design and facilitate a training on principles of research design, can be submitted either in soft or hard copies in a sealed envelope at the address below by 20th April 2018. The EOI should include technical and financial proposal.
Applications should be sent to the address below.
REPOA is an equal opportunity employer.
The Executive Director, REPOA
157 Mgombani/REPOA Street, Regent Estate P.O. Box 33223, Dar es Salaam
Phone: (22) 2700083 / 0784 555 655 Fax: (22) 2775738