Background and context
REPOA is a Tanzanian Think Tank established in 1994 whose mandate is to improve the lives of people through policy research. The mandate encompasses research work and active engagement in policy dialogue on promoting socio-economic transformation for inclusive growth. Our primary research areas, which revolve around the production of policy knowledge and evidence, are grouped into three interrelated strategic research themes and three cross cutting themes:
- Productive Sectors & Inclusive Development (psid)
- Gender & Human Development (GHD)
- Governance, Accountability & Citizen Participation (GAP)
Environment & Climate Change, Technology, Innovation & Data Management
Our research themes, therefore, have been developed with the view to support Tanzania’s and the region’s efforts towards meeting key national objectives and designing policies and stimulating action in line with the five (5) interdependent critical elements for sustainable development, namely people, prosperity, peace, planet, and partnerships.
In order to support our research activities, REPOA seeks information resources which will enable researchers to understand studies which are already done, methodologies used, available theories to guide new studies etc.
REPOA seeks to develop the collection of information materials in the library to the benefit of researchers and other users. Make sure these information resources are timely, accurate and cost-effective delivery of books, journals and other information materials.
Terms of reference
The terms of reference focus on required product features and mode of subscription
- Supply of high-quality monographs and other information materials at reasonable cost;
- Management, consolidation and supply of journal subscriptions at reasonable cost;
- The supplier should be able to arrange and combine subscriptions (print and online journals);
- The supplier should have experience of tendering internationally;
- The company need to have staff who are trained in the export of documentation;
- The company should have strong relationship with specialised shipping agent and carriers;
- The supplier should be able to provide online selection support like establishing current information bibliographies;
- The supplier should be able to supply information resources as quickly as possible;
- The company should have experience of supplying information materials in research libraries for more than 10 years.
Relevant and high-quality information materials
Mode of application
Submitting detailed proposal
Submission of the proposal
The interested supplier should submit the required document electronically via email@example.com by 28th May 2020.
REPOA is an equal opportunity employer.
The Executive Director, REPOA
157 Mgombani/REPOA Street, Regent Estate P.O. Box 33223, Dar es Salaam
Phone: (22) 2700083 / 0784 555 655 Fax: (22) 2775738