The researcher on socioeconomic transformation is expected to carry out research, create new knowledge and promote evidence based dialogue on issues related to socio-economic transformation; inclusive growth and development, social protection and governance.
The Senior Researcher will ensure that the research objectives in the core areas of REPOA’s mandate are achieved by carrying out the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Carrying out in-depth research on economic growth and socio-economic transformation, drawing on latest academic literature and empirical work both nationally as well as from international sources.
2. Designing and implementing research projects drawn from the REPOA’s research programme on the growth-poverty nexus.
3. Developing research programme and strategy of implementation on matters related to socio-economic transformation for inclusive growth and development. Organising seminars and other dialogue mechanisms to stimulate national policy dialogue
4. Preparing publishable papers and policy briefs to inform decision- making processes at all levels of government and across diverse actors in development, which include civil society organizations, private sector (both formal and informal), and development partners
5. Linking with national and international academic, research and development institutions to facilitate learning and collaboration.
Required Qualifications and Mode of Engagement
- Applicants must be holders of at least a Master’s degree in Economics, Development Economics, or a related discipline in Social Sciences from a recognized and reputable higher learning institution, and must demonstrate a working knowledge for at least 5 years of research experience demonstrated by publications on development and publication in reputable journals. A PhD will be an added advantage.
- Must demonstrate quantitative research skills, have excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Must have the ability to set priorities and handle competing time and resource demands, have ability to work independently and as a team member.
- The Senior Researcher will initially be engaged on a two-year contract with the possibility for renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Mode of Application:
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply, and should send their typed application letter and detailed CV including three referees.
NOTE: This position is open until filled.
REPOA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants who meet requirements will be considered for an interview. Those who do not hear from REPOA should consider themselves unsuccessful.