Training on how best can Tanzania harness natural resources for the realization of its development goals
REPOA in collaboration with Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI) invites members of civil society organisations, policy makers and other extractive industry stakeholders in the country to a virtual training workshop on “How can Tanzania best harness natural resources for the realization of its development goals?”
This interactive hands-on “learning from practice 5 -day workshop will focus on building the understanding of the basic principles of good governance of natural resources for sustainable and inclusive development underpinned to the country’s Industrialisation Agenda. The training aims to improve participants’ knowledge not only of policy options and tools to achieve these goals, but also the inherent challenges.
The course content
The course modules focus around:
- The socio-economic context that underpins Tanzania’s governance of its extractives sector.
- The fundamentals of oil, gas and mineral resource governance for sustainable and inclusive development.
- Identification of new insights into the opportunities and challenges associated with extractives governance for the implementation of the country’s Industrialization plan.
This workshop assumes prior knowledge of the extractives sector. It is specifically designed for civil society members, policy makers, researchers and other interested practitioners to deepen their engagement in the extractive sector, with the aim of supporting the development of the local expertise necessary to ensure that Tanzania maximises the benefits from its resources.
Applicant requirements include:
- Previous knowledge and understating of natural resource governance.
- Current engagement in the extractive sector in the country.
Certificate of attendance
Participants will be required to actively participate for the duration of the whole course. Pre and post training quizzes will be administered to measure the level of knowledge acquisition. A certificate of attendance will only be awarded to participants according to the degree of their activeness in the workshop activities, and upon obtaining an acceptable score in the post training assessment.
Applicants should submit:
- A typed motivation letter stating how the knowledge gained from this workshop will be used, how the workshop content is relevant to the applicant’s current work focus and explaining how this training will help the applicant in their role.
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Confirmation of clearance from employer to participate in the virtual learning for 5 days.
Mode of delivery
The training will be delivered virtually, through a virtual learning platform. Kindly ensure you can commit to 6 hours of learning per day.
Conference costs will be covered by the organiser(s). For other related costs kindly indicate in your application willingness of your organisation to facilitate your participation.
The closing date for applications is 10th July 2020.
Completed application package should be submitted as e-mail attachments to REPOA at email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be notified.