The course content The course modules focus around:
- The legal, policy and institutional frameworks that underpin governance in Tanzania’s Extractives Sector.
- The fundamentals of oil, gas and mineral resource governance for inclusive and sustainable development, notwithstanding the key roles of women.
- Identification of new insights into the opportunities and challenges associated with extractives governance for the implementation of the country’s Industrialization plan.
This workshop assumes prior knowledge of the extractives sector. It is specially designed for civil society members, policy makers, researchers, and other interested practitioners to deepen their engagement in the extractive industry, to support the development of the local expertise necessary to ensure that Tanzania maximises the benefits from its resources.
Applicant requirements include:
- Previous knowledge and understating of natural resource governance.
- Current engagement in the extractive sector in the country.