The Programme Intern is expected to support trade policy research and training as part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers and trainers working on REPOA’s research programme and its mandate.
- Provide technical inputs and support to the programme’s team working on research and training in the five value chains of logistics, leather, horticulture, rice, and seaweed;
- Assist in the development of concept notes as well as research and training proposals for various research projects related to the programme;
- Support the development of training needs assessment surveys, feedback and monitoring systems;
- Ensure effective logistics before and during implementation of trainings for trade support actors and institutions in the five value chains of logistics, leather, horticulture, rice, and seaweed including: liaison with participants and venues, undertaking administrative preparation of course materials in liaison with the trainers, supporting trainers with formatting and branding of materials and ensuring the smooth running of tailored trainings;
- Manage all training applications from initial enquiry stage to participation and follow-up, ensuring high quality of service delivery and responsiveness to trade supporting actors and institutions’ needs
- Provide technical inputs in the analysis of training participants for reporting on the training programme;
- Provide support on filing, organising and archiving of training materials;
- Undertake publications of policy briefs, working papers, journals and books in the relevant areas of specialization and associated research projects;
- Assist with any other tasks required to support the programme’s research and training activities;
A masters’ degree in social sciences or other relevant field with a minimum of three years of experience in an academic or research organization, and at least two publications in recognized and reputable forum.
A recent PhD will be an added advantage.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the qualified applicant in line with REPOA’s scheme of service.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply and should send their typed application letter clearly marked “Application for Trade Research and Training Programme Intern” and detailed CV including three referees to the addressee below by 15th July 2020.
Only selected applicants who meet the above requirements will be considered for an interview. Those who do not hear from REPOA two weeks after the expiry date should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The Executive Director, REPOA
157 Mgombani/REPOA Streets, Regent Estate P.O. Box 33223, Dar es Salaam
Phone: (22) 2700083 / 0784 555 655 Fax: (22) 2775738
Email: email@example.com |. www.repoa.or.tz
Offer ended on July 15, 2020